Sunday 18 September 2011

Old Shoes

I had being looking at my almost three year old shoes  latley knowing the end was near for these two. I couldnt wear them when it was wet and the stitching had come apart in a couple of different places.It was my second pair of these particular type of shoes made from the finest Yak hide,ya I decided to give the cows a break for a while and go Yak.Shoes made from Yak hide are very popular in Tibet apparently,its all the go there.I got these pair on Christmas week 2008 and after a few home repairs I  couldnt deny it any longer these shoes had their day.I wanted to give them a decent and dignified end but where ?and how.I left the shoes quitely under the bed while I came up with a plan. I had taken the shoes out on a few dry days over the past few months but it only prolonged the agony the support was now going a I might as well have being wearing no shoes at all for all the protection I was getting.I put them quitely away again a few days ago,but imagine my horror when I came home to discover the two shoes in the bin,feet first in the air.They had being dumped by a member of the household.I looked on in horror and disbelief.This time I knew It was for the best.I tucked them in completely closed the lid and said goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment